Monday 25 April 2011

Nintendo Wii - Classic Controller Pro.

Being a big fan of retro games it would be rude not to have a classic controller for the Wii. The one I decided to buy was the Classic Controller Pro in gold.


I am very impressed, they have done a cracking job with this pad. Even though the controller feels very light it doesn't feel cheap. All the buttons have a nice crisp feeling to them and the overall finish is outstanding. Everything is nice and accessible and it just fits your hands perfectly. I haven't actually held the standard classic controller (the one without the grips) but I think the pro will be easier to hold, use and live with. The grips that have been added make it less aesthetically pleasing compared to the original classic controller but damn, it's one comfortable controller.

Last night I used the pad to play Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (check out my LTTP review), I racked up almost 3 hours on the game and my hands could have easily carried on. Sadly it was late and I had to get some sleep otherwise my hands would have happily played well into next week. I read somewhere that Capcom had a hand (no pun intended) in helping make this pad. Both Nintendo and Capcom have done themselves proud. While I do like the Wii's wiimote and nun-chuck it's nice to have a traditional method of input like this classic controller. A point to note is not all true Wii titles are compatible with it and it cannot be used as a GameCube controller. You are able to use it with the new Golden Eye, and I would recommend it for this game instead of the Wii's native mote and chuck. If you are unsure what games it does work with check the reverse of the game box. It is worth its money (between £10 - £20) just to use with the Virtual Console games. The biggest, and only real downfall is the fact you can't use it as a GC pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment